What is a waist belt?
Oh, is it to keep the pants from falling off?
But if your pants are too loose and you want to fasten them with a belt, then I suggest you go for suitable pants rather than the belt. It would be dressed decently if had the right belt on the right pants.
Below Tonywell men's belt guide will address your question about how to choose the perfect belt.
What size belt should I buy for my waist?
3 ways to get the proper belt size.
1. Your belt size should be 2 inches longer than the size of your off-the-rack pant size. If you wear 36-in pants, then get a 38-inch belt.
2. Determine belt size from your old belt.
Measure size from where you always buckle it (inner of belt buckle) to 3rd hole from the tip of the belt.
3. Cut to fit belts should reserve 7 inches from the tip end when the belt buckled up.
How many belts should I have?
5 must-have belts for men
1. A formal black or brown leather belt
2. A tan or neutral-colored belt